And it has a new website at www.tabulamundi.com
hope to have a Majors only version soon, and a full 78 card deck eventually
more news to follow!
And it has a new website at www.tabulamundi.com
hope to have a Majors only version soon, and a full 78 card deck eventually
more news to follow!
The idea for the imagery for this moon card came during the dark of the moon (sometime during the darkest period of the lunar cycle, the three days preceding the new moon). I painted the colors during the full moon, and finished it today while the Moon is now waning again.
The Moon card while often depicted otherwise, to me is associated with the waning moon. As the trump of the sign of Pisces, the last sign, it personifies the waning energy of the end of a cycle.
It’s letter is Qoph, meaning “back of the head”.
This scan isn’t the greatest. I really need a new scanner. I have had this one for probably 15 years, I’m not sure but it has been so long I can’t remember exactly and it was the cheapest of the cheap. The glass has scratches and dings that show up in the scan. Why is it dinged and scratched, did I try to scan a rock??
I really love the colors in this card in the original, it glows with an otherworldly light. But this scan does not exactly replicate them. Too dark in some, too light in others, not the exact color. The sky in the original is the darkest color of blood. I hope to rescan all these someday.
(Can anyone recommend a good scanner that is not crazily priced?)
But here it is. Tell me what you see. What does the symbolism speak to you?
Let the illusion of the World pass over thee, unheeded, as thou goest from the Midnight to the Morning.
Roll up the Excrement of the Earth, to create a Star!
The Fool’s Dog, makers of the Rosetta Tarot apps for iPhone/iPad and for Android, have just let me know that they are offering a sale Black Friday though Cyber Monday, of 25% off of the app.
The app is a great bargain because it includes the entire Book of Seshet as well as the deck!
If you buy the app, please rate and review it; it really helps sales and helps others to know what to expect before purchasing. I am confident you will like it as they make great apps.
Just thought I’d pass the news on to you all.
And, to support getting that word out, I am extending the 25% off sale on the Pocket Rosetta decks through the same time period. Hope this helps combat winter doldrums!
Daughter of the Firmament
The Dweller Between the Waters
“I am the blue-lidded daughter of sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night sky”
“Pour water on tyself: thus shalt thou be a Fountain to the Universe. Find thou thyself in every star! Achieve thou every possibility!” Crowley
This card came to me during at night, right before a new moon solar eclipse. The silver cup and the golden cup have morphed into a lunar and a solar cup, pouring out the stars of the night and the sunset. The Star is Nuit, who gives “unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstacy; nor do I demand aught in sacrifice.”
The first chapter of the Book of the Law is her invocation:
1. Had! The manifestation of Nuit.
2. The unveiling of the company of heaven.
3. Every man and every woman is a star.
4. Every number is infinite; there is no difference.
5. Help me, o warrior lord of Thebes, in my unveiling before the Children of men!
6. Be thou Hadit, my secret centre, my heart & my tongue!
7. Behold! it is revealed by Aiwass the minister of Hoor-paar-kraat.
8. The Khabs is in the Khu, not the Khu in the Khabs.
9. Worship then the Khabs, and behold my light shed over you!
10. Let my servants be few & secret: they shall rule the many & the known.
11. These are fools that men adore; both their Gods & their men are fools.
12. Come forth, o children, under the stars, & take your fill of love!
13. I am above you and in you. My ecstasy is in yours. My joy is to see your joy.
14. Above, the gemmed azure is
The naked splendour of Nuit;
She bends in ecstasy to kiss
The secret ardours of Hadit.
The winged globe, the starry blue,
Are mine, O Ankh-af-na-khonsu!
15. Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest the Beast; and in his woman called the Scarlet Woman is all power given. They shall gather my children into their fold: they shall bring the glory of the stars into the hearts of men.
16. For he is ever a sun, and she a moon. But to him is the winged secret flame, and to her the stooping starlight.
17. But ye are not so chosen.
18. Burn upon their brows, o splendrous serpent!
19. O azure-lidded woman, bend upon them!
20. The key of the rituals is in the secret word which I have given unto him.
21. With the God & the Adorer I am nothing: they do not see me. They are as upon the earth; I am Heaven, and there is no other God than me, and my lord Hadit.
22. Now, therefore, I am known to ye by my name Nuit, and to him by a secret name which I will give him when at last he knoweth me. Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby there cometh hurt.
23. But whoso availeth in this, let him be the chief of all!
24. I am Nuit, and my word is six and fifty.
25. Divide, add, multiply, and understand.
26. Then saith the prophet and slave of the beauteous one: Who am I, and what shall be the sign? So she answered him, bendingdown, a lambent flame of blue, all-touching, all penetrant, her lovely hands upon the black earth, & her lithe body arched for love, and her soft feet not hurting the little flowers: Thou knowest! And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body.
27. Then the priest answered & said unto the Queen of Space, kissing her lovely brows, and the dew of her light bathing his whole body in a sweet-smelling perfume of sweat: O Nuit, continuous one of Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!
28. None, breathed the light, faint & faery, of the stars, and two.
29. For I am divided for love’s sake, for the chance of union.
30. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.
31. For these fools of men and their woes care not thou at all! They feel little; what is, is balanced by weak joys; but ye are my chosen ones.
32. Obey my prophet! follow out the ordeals of my knowledge! seek me only! Then the joys of my love will redeem ye from all pain. This is so: I swear it by the vault of my body; by my sacred heart and tongue; by all I can give, by all I desire of ye all.
33. Then the priest fell into a deep trance or swoon, & said unto the Queen of Heaven; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law!
34. But she said: the ordeals I write not: the rituals shall be half known and half concealed: the Law is for all.
35. This that thou writest is the threefold book of Law.
36. My scribe Ankh-af-na-khonsu, the priest of the princes, shall not in one letter change this book; but lest there be folly, he shall comment thereupon by the wisdom of Ra-Hoor-Khuit.
37. Also the mantras and spells; the obeah and the wanga; the work of the wand and the work of the sword; these he shall learn and teach.
38. He must teach; but he may make severe the ordeals.
39. The word of the Law is THELEMA.
40. Who calls us Thelemites will do no wrong, if he look but close into the word. For there are therein Three Grades, the Hermit, and the Lover, and the man of Earth. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
41. The word of Sin is Restriction. O man! refuse not thy wife, if she will! O lover, if thou wilt, depart! There is no bond that can unite the divided but love: all else is a curse. Accursed! Accursed be it to the aeons! Hell.
42. Let it be that state of manyhood bound and loathing. So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
43. Do that, and no other shall say nay.
44. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
45. The Perfect and the Perfect are one Perfect and not two; nay, are none!
46. Nothing is a secret key of this law. Sixty-one the Jews call it; I call it eight, eighty, four hundred & eighteen.
47. But they have the half: unite by thine art so that all disappear.
48. My prophet is a fool with his one, one, one; are not they the Ox, and none by the Book?
49. Abrogate are all rituals, all ordeals, all words and signs. Ra-Hoor-Khuit hath taken his seat in the East at the Equinox of the Gods; and let Asar be with Isa, who also are one. But they are not of me. Let Asar be the adorant, Isa the sufferer; Hoor in his secret name and splendour is the Lord initiating.
50. There is a word to say about the Hierophantic task. Behold! there are three ordeals in one, and it may be given in three ways. The gross must pass through fire; let the fine be tried in intellect, and the lofty chosen ones in the highest. Thus ye have star & star, system & system; let not one know well the other!
51. There are four gates to one palace; the floor of that palace is of silver and gold; lapis lazuli & jasper are there; and all rare scents; jasmine & rose, and the emblems of death. Let him enter in turn or at once the four gates; let him stand on the floor of the palace. Will he not sink? Amn. Ho! warrior, if thy servant sink? But there are means and means. Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drin
k sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me.
52. If this be not aright; if ye confound the space-marks, saying: They are one; or saying, They are many; if the ritual be not ever unto me: then expect the direful judgments of Ra Hoor Khuit!
53. This shall regenerate the world, the little world my sister, my heart & my tongue, unto whom I send this kiss. Also, o scribe and prophet, though thou be of the princes, it shall not assuage thee nor absolve thee. But ecstasy be thine and joy of earth: ever To me! To me!
54. Change not as much as the style of a letter; for behold! thou, o prophet, shalt not behold all these mysteries hidden therein.
55. The child of thy bowels, he shall behold them.
56. Expect him not from the East, nor from the West; for from no expected house cometh that child. Aum! All words are sacred and all prophets true; save only that they understand a little; solve the first half of the equation, leave the second unattacked. But thou hast all in the clear light, and some, though not all, in the dark.
57. Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God.
All these old letters of my Book are aright; but [Tzaddi] is not the Star. This also is secret: my prophet shall reveal it to the wise.
58. I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy; nor do I demand aught in sacrifice.
59. My incense is of resinous woods & gums; and there is no blood therein: because of my hair the trees of Eternity.
60. My number is 11, as all their numbers who are of us. The Five Pointed Star, with a Circle in the Middle, & the circle is Red. My colour is black to the blind, but the blue & gold are seen of the seeing. Also I have asecret glory for them that love me.
61. But to love me is better than all things: if under the night stars in the desert thou presently burnest mine incense before me, invoking me with a pure heart, and the Serpent flame therein, thou shalt come a little to lie in my bosom. For one kiss wilt thou then be willing to give all; but whoso gives one particle of dust shall lose all in that hour. Ye shall gather goods and store of women and spices; ye shall wear rich jewels; ye shall exceed the nations of the earth in spendour & pride; but always in the love of me, and so shall ye come to my joy. I charge you earnestly to come before me in a single robe, and covered with a rich headdress. I love you! I yearn to you! Pale or purple, veiled or voluptuous, I who am all pleasure and purple, and drunkenness of the innermost sense, desire you. Put on the wings, and arouse the coiled splendour within you: come unto me!
62. At all my meetings with you shall the priestess say — and her eyes shall burn with desire as she stands bare and rejoicing in my secret temple — To me! To me! calling forth the flame of the hearts of all in her love-chant.
63. Sing the rapturous love-song unto me! Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels! Drink to me, for I love you! I love you!
64. I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky.
65. To me! To me!
66. The Manifestation of Nuit is at an end.
To see the rest of the cards to date, go to
Since it usually takes me forever in between these posts you are probably surprised to hear from me. But I have several things to share, so here goes:
First I want to send Samhain wishes to you all, may it be a year filled with bright and beautiful things.
Also, November 2nd is the 2 year anniverary of when the Rosetta Tarot was first published in 2011. Two whole years! I don’t remember if I did anything for the first year; maybe I just raised a toast at home. But for this year I’d like to share some abundance with you to celebrate, since it has been a great two years.
In honor of the 2011 anniversary, for the month of November only, the Pocket size Rosetta decks-in-a-tin will be sold for $20.11 instead of the regular price (normally 26.95) pocket Rosetta more than 25% off Nov only. New prices reflected here at the store: http://shop.rosettatarot.com/main.sc
So for those of you who celebrate the XMas/Solstice season tradition of small, meaningful gifts, this could be just the thing. A $20 gift that fits into a pocket or a stocking. And they still come with a customized significator, so if buying for someone else, please let me know what name to put on the card (first name only as the pocket size cards are smaller).
Next bit of good news: The Fool’s Dog, who published an app of the Rosetta Tarot and the complete Book of Seshet on iPhone and iPad, are soon to release a version on Android! Since many of you Android peeps asked about that I will let you know when it is available.
Last is some fun art I promised in the last newsletter to share. The submission for the 3D art project I participated in for Mystery Build has been posted on their website.
The challenge was that you must purchase a kit with a random selection of materials in it. Everyone gets the same kit, but you do not know what will be in it until you get it. Then you had to reINVENT (not just recreate) a famous work of art using only the materials in the kit; nothing else except for paint or coloring media.
When you go to the site, the entries are in random order. Mine is #18 and is called “The Reintegration of the Disintegration of the Persistance of Memory” (quite a mouthful) and is a recreation of Salvadore Dali’s “Disintegration of the Persistance of Memory” which was HIS reinvention of his own earlier, more famous work “The Persistance of Memory“.
When you go to the page you can click on the title of the work to read my description of the concept of my reinvention and how I used the random materials to build it.
My entry is on this page (#18) http://mysterybuild.com/voting/
Yes, you can vote if you want! Only once per day per IP address though through Nov 20th. There is a generous “people’s choice” prize. Which I do not expect to win but hey it is worth putting it out there. Making this thing took 3 months. Mostly because I had to hand saw all those little wooden blocks from a tiny block of walnut (super hard) wood with an Xacto hobby hand saw. (yeah, major blisters were involved, but it toughened my hands up for cracking hickory nuts later in the fall) It was a fun challenge!
Thanks for reading, hope to have a Star card for you soon, MM
The Blasted Tower
aka House of the Devil or House of God
Lord of the Hosts of the Mighty
Hebrew letter Pé (mouth)
Hello, I am still here. Are you surprised?
First a brief mention that I recently received back about 20 Rosetta decks that someone was holding for me. These are numbered in the mid 500 range, while currently the first edition of 777 is selling in the mid 600 range. So if anyone wants an earlier number or has a number five fetish, these are now available.
I fully realize that it has been quite long since I sent anything out to you. I got really sidetracked over the summer and stopped working on this tarot for several months. First I got all obsessed with doing this 3D sculpture for a contest called Mystery Build, where you get a box of random stuff and had to recreate a famous work of art using nothing but that. (If you are wondering, I did Dali’s “The Disintegration of the Persistance of Memory“). It took like three months as it involved hand cutting a small block of extremely hard walnut wood into like a hundred tiny rectangles with a hobby sized Xacto hand saw and miter box and then sanding them all, among other challenging things. If you are interested, I will share the site with the pictures in November as I think that is when the contest entries are posted for public viewing.
After that got done it was garden harvest time, and time to can and freeze stuff and go nutting . Yes, nutting! And on the Devil’s Nutting Day and several Sundays too I might add though he did not appear, directly at least. (I now try to say “as black as the Devil’s Nutting Bag” as often as possible in conversation though.) Then it was time for going shroom hunting and making beer and mead and all that food and drink preservation stuff so more time lapsed. Total obsession with hickory nuts and how best to crack them and what to do with them then ensued for a stretch, and continues, as I gathered gallons of them. Another few months pass. And I got really seriously into a phase of making homemade bitters and, um, using them too in classic prohibition era drinks. I even am attempting to make the hickories into nut liquor. (Haha, “Nut Liquor”, said the bishop to the actress.) I tend to get obsessed with one thing after another it seems. If only there was more time in a day. Or better yet, fewer necessary day job hours!
Then it was time to get back to it as I missed Tarot M and intend to obsess about that instead for awhile and so I started back in and right off I got totally stuck. Momentum lost, artist blocked, locked up, imprisoned. The paper for the Tower mocked me from the table top for days, maybe weeks. I drew and redrew until the paper was grey with graphite smudges and still it was not what I felt was the Tower I saw inside. Got new paper ready.
Finally, the lightning flashes. Of course, the breakthrough came on the day of the October full moon lunar eclipse in Aries. Since the Tower is the trump of Mars (which rules Aries) and a full moon eclipse is also a culmination or ending, it felt right. One door closes and another opens and all that. I always marvel that there seems to be an astrological event that brings the cards through, especially when I get stuck for a while.
It is Samhain or Hallows Eve season too, when it is said that the veil is thin and there was something that happened that felt sort of spooky too. So finally this image of the Tower comes through and I get the sketch fully drawn in pencil. At first my vision was just of looking up “worm’s eye view” at a blasted and falling Tower whose entrance is the gaping mouth of a Caledonian boar with flames shooting out of it. At some point strange hybrid flying creatures (chimaera, giant hawk, dragon and gryphon-like lion serpent) appear out of nowhere in place of the usual human falling figures. Immediately, I mean minutes, AFTER the completed concept and pencil drawing is done I happen to go on the internet and start to reading about the Tower, and through some synchronicity am led right to this, first thing before the pencil has cooled:
“Moakley (95-6, 98-9) interprets the XV.Tower as Hellmouth into which XIV.Devil is carrying Judas (XII.Hanged Traitor). Hellmouth, often shaped like a giant dragon’s mouth, was a typical fixture of medieval stage sets. It was sometimes shown with winged demons flying around it, which she thinks may be the origin of the falling figures of modern tarot decks. For Crowley (107), the Tower represents “the Jaws of Dis” (cf. XIII.Death).”
Now I knew about the Jaws of Dis from the Thoth, but this mouth door with winged demons flying around it otherwise came from my own head. Or so I thought. Anyway I got chills. What memory or thing just came through this eclipse portal?
The Blasted Tower
copyright 2013 M.M. Meleen
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
But what’s puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what’s confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Copyright 2013 M.M. Meleen
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me lucifer
Cause I’m in need of some restraint
Or how about this one:
Chase the Devil
Devil’s got a lotta names…GD title is Lord of the Gates of Matter, Child of the Forces of Time.
He controls the gateway of the material world.
Some call him Lucifer, Son of the Morning. Others, Pan Pangenetor, the All-Begetter, or maybe you call him Priapus, Set, Satan, Baphomet, or Ba ‘Neb’ Djedu.
So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I’ll lay your soul to waste, um yeah
To see the more cards of Tarot M in progress go to